Working With Indigenous People and Communities
Spectrum and its partners in industry believe in investing in the communities in which it works. To this end, we will pursue relationships which recognize the desire for meaningful employment, respect for culture, environment, and control of their communities' futures.
We use local suppliers (where available), support local communities and involve First Nations/Inuit/Metis people as employees and partners throughout our operations. Our commitment is to:
- Engage First Nations to ensure low environmental impacts and practical avoidance minimizing the disturbance caused by human activity.
- Create meaningful jobs opportunities.
- Industry skill development through education and training.
- Develop sustainable business partnerships in high-growth industries.
- Share the responsibilities of responsible growth creating ongoing revenue streams.
- Bring diversified and tangible economic benefits to the community
- Follow the toughest safety and environmental standards.
ETHICAL SOLUTIONS FOR A BRIGHTER COMMUNITY FUTURE